Saturday 13 April 2013

lessons 59 and 60 I love you

lessons 59 and 60
 
 I love you
 
               Say I love you in many languages Stock Photo - 10937953
               and as you now know, there are four variations for this simple sentence in Hebrew:
 
אני אוהב אותך דוד         anee ohev otcha David             I love you David (man to man)

אני אוהב אותך חנה        anee ohev otach Channah        I love you Hannah (man to woman)

אני אוהבת אותך דוד      anee ohevet otcha David          I love you David (woman to man)

אני אוהבת אותך חנה     anee ohevet otach Channah      I love you Hannah (woman to woman)

 
 
אני גרתי בלונדון              anee garti beLondon             I lived in London

אתה גרת בפריז               ata garta beParis                   you lived in Paris (masc.)

את גרת בירושלים           at gart beJeroushalaim            you lived in Jerusalem (fem.)

הוא גר בניו יורק              hu gar beNew York               he lived in New York

היא גרה בסן פרנסיסקו   hee garah beSan Francisco    she lived in San Francisco


אותי                              oti                                           me (direct object)

אותך                             otcha                                       you (masc. direct object)

אותך                             otach                                       you (fem. direct object)

אותו                              oto                                           him (direct object)

אותה                            otah                                          her (direct object)


אני שמעתי אותך           anee shama'ti otcha                   I heard you (masc.)

אתה שמעת אותו          ata shama'ta oto?                        did you hear him?

את שמעת אותה           at shama't otah?                          did you hear her?

הוא שמע אותך             hu shama' otach                         he heard you (fem.)

היא שמעה אותי            hee sham'ah oti                          she heard me
 
 
 
and of course the memrise exercises
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. את גרת בירושלים at gart beJeroushalaim you lived in Jerusalem (fem.)
    I think it is "be-rushalayim", the "ye" in Jerusalem drops out when a preposition is prefixed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's quite hard to believe I'm a student beginning last week, with all my comments, huh?!?

    ReplyDelete