Saturday 27 July 2013

retrofitting grammar

 
retrofitting grammar
 
 
Word on keyboard made in 3D Stock Photo - 12689228


Dear readers, this is just a little announcement:  I am in the middle of retrofitting all the grammar explanations in the first part of this course where the blog posts are designed to match the memrise lessons. I've written all the grammar up to lesson 47 + 48 so far and will continue to do the last 6 missing lessons over the next few days. So if you missed them so far please go back and have a look.

Grammar really is the golden shortcut to learning a language. Very undeservedly it has gotten such a bad name and this is not grammar's fault. It's how we are traditionally thinking about grammar and teaching it and using it that's so very unsatisfactory. I am very aware of the fact that my grammar explanations are still very much drawing on these old traditions. I am trying to make them less condensed, repeat them more often in different words, and accompany them with more examples, than the usual approch, but in essence they are still old school. I am really trying to find new ways to teach grammar but that's a lot more difficult than I thought and I am only starting to develope new concepts. Hopefully I'll be able to share some of them with you soon. 

Be'ahavah Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment